Monday, September 8, 2014

Review: Dungeons and dragons 5th eddition. Icon's of the Realms Figgur Set


Review of: Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition. Icons of the realm Figure Set. Tyranny of Dragons First run.

Ok lets start with. I love toys, and I love plastic Figures for Role Playing. Sure I did the whole Mattel Mini thing and even painted some good ones. But I love toys and I love the Plastic Sculpts, mostly because I cant paint. I also love the versatility using plastic Figures provides. I can mix and match Toy Dinosaurs and Weird Stuff from the .99 Store with my Official figures and it works.

The previous sets of Official Dungeons and Dragons figures had some of my favorite Sculpts ever, and as the Current set was from Wiz Kids and was the Beginning of the Dungeons and Dragons 5th Wave I expected some pretty Awesome figures.
After all the Red Dragon and Brass Dragon from the current run are amazing.

The Starter Box Costs about $16.00 and is large enough to Hold One Huge Figure, or a Big Figure and a few small ones or a Lot of small ones.

So with Child Like Glee at the prospect of New toys, I opened my Box to see that I had gotten

1 Pegasus Figure, one stand for said Pegasus but no way to attach Figure to stand.

One Creepy Smiling guy ,one Halfling and one-Well I'm not sure, I think its a Small Demon?

That’s it. $16.00 for 4 figures. No catalog poster of the Set, no Stat cards for the Figures or even explanations of what they are?

The Pegasus is Ok, but the fact they did not provide any way to attach it to the stand is a big let down. The other Three figures are-Well IMHO CRAP!

Weird Smiling guy? I have no clue, is this a Necromancer, a Witch or just some Creepy Old Guy who wants you meddling kids off his Lawn?

The halfling figure was ok in that I could tell what it was. Sculpt wise it was armature at best

As for the Grey lump of Plastic with vaguely Humanoid features? I guess its a Small Demon or a Homunculus, but I don’t know? As I said. No Stat cards, No Poster Showing the Figs Numbers and Names and if the name of the Creature is on the bottom of the Figure-I cant see it!

I am unbelievably disappointed in this first run, especially since the Dragon Sculpts are so Awesome.

I know Wiz Kids and WOTC can do better. I have seen them, but they better hurry up and improve the next run because the Figurines from Mage Knight and Pathfinder are Cheaper and better.

On a Scale of One to Five. I Give these a Two! Save your Sixteen Dollars kids, its better spent on Plastic figures from other sources or a bag of Plastic Dinosaurs from the .99 Store.

Till next time-Be excellent!


No comments:

Post a Comment